Extend The Life Of Your Dryer & Reduce Fire Risk With Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
We all do it: we clean out the lint trap after each load of laundry and think we’ve done good. And we have! But the lint trap of your dryer isn’t the only thing in need of regular cleaning – your dryer vents need to be cleaned, too!
Think about how much lint you remove from the lint trap and then think about your dryer vents, which may have never been professionally cleaned. What do you think they look like inside? Of course, looks aren’t the reason we recommend regular dryer vent cleanings.
Every year, hundreds of preventable fires start inside dirty, lint-laden dryer vents. To a company committed to reducing fire risks and keeping our neighbors throughout the greater Texas Panhandle area safer in their homes, even one preventable fire is too many. That’s why we can’t stress the importance of regular dryer vent cleaning enough.
The benefits of having your dryer vents cleaned by professionals on a regular basis are many:
- Reduced fire risk. Lint is a highly flammable material, and when exposed to the high heat produced by the clothes dryer, lint can easily start a house fire. But when you have your vents regularly cleaned, lint is removed to ensure optimal air flow, without the flammable blockages.
- Reduced carbon monoxide poisoning risk. When your clothes dryer struggles for air (due to blocked, dirty vents), carbon monoxide is produced and left to seep back into the home. This can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which is dangerous and can even be fatal. Regular dryer vent cleanings can prevent this altogether.
- Boosted dryer efficiency. If your dryer vents are clogged, your dryer can’t get the air needed to properly and efficiently do its job. It’s not uncommon for our customers to experience a noticeable increase in dryer efficiency once they have their dryer vents professionally cleared of all that lint! That means less time spent waiting on the dryer to finish and more time living your life.
- Reduced energy bills. If your venting is clear, your dryer won’t have to waste electricity running through several cycles just to get your clothes sufficiently dry. Less electricity needed = lower utilities, which is always good news!
- Longer dryer life. The struggle for air and the longer, harder, hotter cycles can put a lot of added stress on your clothes dryer, shortening its service life. By keeping up with regular dryer vent cleanings, you can ensure that your clothes dryer is receiving sufficient air and that it will serve you as long as it was designed to.
Is It Time For A Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Although we recommend annual inspections to keep you in the know about the condition of your dryer vents, there are some signs it’s time for a cleaning that you can be on the lookout for:
- Is your clothes dryer hot to the touch after running through a cycle?
- Are your clothes hotter than usual when you remove them from the dryer?
- Are you finding lint in the areas around your clothes dryer?
- Does it take more than one cycle to sufficiently dry your clothes?
- Are you noticing any strange odors on your clothes or around your dryer while it’s running?
All of these may be signs it’s time to schedule your cleaning.
What Does A Cleaning Include?
During a cleaning, we use specialized tools to loosen any lint that may be clinging to the nooks and crannies of your dryer vents, and powerful vacuums to remove and contain all dust, lint, and debris. We guarantee a thorough, high-quality cleaning that will leave your dryer vents free of debris and ready to effectively vent. With West Texas Chimney & Venting Solutions on the job, you can rest assured that no lint or dust will make its way into your home.
If you notice any signs of a dirty dryer vent or think it may be time for a cleaning, give us a call at 806-358-0817. We’ll have your dryer vents cleaned and ready to go in no time! Call or request an appointment online today!