You wouldn’t choose an amateur to repair your car. That being said, don’t do it with your chimney either! When it comes to fire safety, system efficiency, and the life of your chimney, you want to go with a professional every time.
The CSIA Difference
The Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) has been the authority on chimney safety since the 1980’s, and for good reason:
- CSIA meets the high standards of the Indiana State Workforce Innovation Council, Office of Career and Technological Schools.
- CSIA is consistent in it’s standards and training since 1983, part of the reason it has remained through the years.
- CSIA is a non-profit organization governed by a group of volunteers made up of industry professionals and technical experts.
- CSIA members must adhere to a stringent Code of Ethics designed to protect homeowners from scams. Members in violation will have their certification revoked.
- CSIA members have to renew their certification every three years due to the changing industry and evolving technologies. Members can take an examination or gain continued education credits.
The Chimney Safety Institute of America is not only the authority for the chimney industry. In addition, they also provide for customers and other professionals, such as an insurance provider, realtor, or city code officer.
These offices may need proof of condition of your chimney system for one reason or another. When you choose West Texas Chimney and Venting Solutions you receive documentation of installations, repairs, sweeps, and inspections. For any official documentation, the agent, broker, or officer is going to look for the CSIA certification on any paperwork or record. You should too.
Choosing West Texas Chimney and Venting Solutions
When You choose a West Texas chimney sweep you will get a CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep® (CCS) on every call. Only a certified chimney sweep has the expertise and training to install, service, and repair a fireplace and chimney correctly. Too often, a general contractor is trusted with construction of a fireplace and chimney. Consequently, only to use improper materials and build improper dimensions. Therefore, the safety and efficiency of the system is compromised. Eventually a qualified chimney sweep will have to repair and rebuild the system. This is to prolong its life and insure the safety of the home and family.
It’s best to get the job done right the first time! A CSIA certified chimney sweep will make sure you don’t have to have the job done again. Also, won’t have problems out of it in the meantime. You can find a CSIA certified chimney sweep here. If you reside in the greater Texas Panhandle, you can call West Texas Chimney and Venting Solutions for all of your chimney system needs. Call today at (806) 358-0817 or request an appointment online.